Recommended hydrocele for infant failing which will result into hernia. Should I go for surgery or wait?

Dear sir, My son is just 10 month old. Doctor after examining insist us to undergo an hydrocele which has occured for the baby location is above penis area and below stomach area left side. if not doctor tells that tiny ball like hydrocele will reach the bottom balls area which will cause hernia surgery. i heard from net that almost all child will have this from birth and it will disappear @ 12 to 18 months. i am confused now why doctor is insisting. should i go for surgery or wait till 18 months ?? and by the way how much it will cost @ chennai
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013