Recommended IVF due to failure in normal conception, ultrasound shows hydrosalpinx, advised laparoscopy. IVF without laparoscopy?

Dear Dr. Malpani, I have been advised to do an IVF as normal fertiity is not possible. Apparently my ultrasound of the pelvis shows that I have tortuous cystic structures closely related to the ovary and appear to be hydrosalphinx. Since it is hydrosalphinx situation, I have been advised to do a laproscopy to detach both the fallopin tubes and then go for IVF. My question is: is it important to do a kaproscopy to detach the fallopin tube, if yes will I have any compkication. Or I can go ahead with IVF withour laproscopy. Thanks and Regards Anandi
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012