Rashes on body, itching, took zyrtec. Remedy?

Hi, for about 2 months, i have been having rashes similar to mosquito bites on some particular part of my body, mainly the upper arn, back on my thigh, back, buttocks and sometimes in my lower legs. This seems to happens especially at night and very rarely during the day.The worst part is the constant itch. Initially, I thought they were allergies and took some zyrtec. This seemed to calm the itch and rashes initially. But lately, the effect of zyrtec seems negligible. I had the same problem a couple of year ago but it subsided in around 1 month (in autumn)
I have been through many website and read about scabbies and other potential dermatological disorders but the systems seems to be different from what others have been describing and different from the pictures. please help.
34 yr old male of indian origin living in South Africa
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013