Rash similar to pityriasis rosea, subsides leaving dark spots and patches. What could it be?

I have been looking online to find a rash that I have been having. The one I found similar to mine is pityriasis rosea . I believe I had this as a child because I remember telling everyone I had somehing as I pronounced it pytysis roses . Anyhow I was a kid. I habe had several allergic reactions in the past, couldn t even use bubble bath and have followed these instructions in my adult lifee. Nowabout 2yrs ago, while I was still in the army I got this rash that is very similar to pityriasis rosea. I had been to the hospital twice where they continued to tell me it looked lie a cross between wringworm and eczema and have been given creams. That is when I researched and found that rash which also stated is what most people mistake it for. Anyhow wringworm is contagious and I have three children and this did not pass to them. After about 2months it disappeared leaving dark spots where the bumps were and the big patch was. They to eventually left and once more I ahving this same issue 2 yrs. later. When I reseatched this disease it stated it only occurs once in a lifetime, but it has the same herald patch first then the other bumps and followed what though would be a ad cold that lasted 3 days. This is the same as the symptoms and causes (which is really unknown) in that rashes description. I did have the chicken pox twice as a child,although they stated you can only get it once also.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013