Rash on penis after sex. History of depression after depo shots. Used IUD. Had hormonal imbalance due to depo shots. Rash comes after having sex just before or after menses. What could be the reason?

my boy friend has been complaining about a small rash that appears for 1-3 days on his penis after we hav sex. it doesnt happen every time we hav sex so i think it might have something to do with my body chemistry. about 2 years ago i was on the depo shot for 12 months. i stopped treatment bc i was falling into a horrible depression . the birth control i switched to was the 12 year iud .a year after i stopped the depo my hormones went completely out of wack n i couldnt stop menstrual bleeding. i hav now removed the iud and am on the pill to help monitor hormones but i still menstruate twice a month for about 2 to 3 days long. the rash only shows up when its about time for me to start or within the first few days after my period. do u hav any ideas for what this might b???
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012