Rash on body, not itchy. Skin biopsy shows pityriasis rosea. What is this?

I have a rash that runs all over my body and arms and legs. bumpy but not itchy as you would think it would be if you saw it. it runs from the inside my arms (from the armpit) down to my wrist and on top of my hands. the top part of my arms (the outer side) is not as nearly as bad as the inside, but it is visible. on my body it is mostly on the sides and encompasses my stomach to my back. on my legs, it is not as severe but patchy almost then is saturated with bumps as you get down to my ankles and feet . when I got looked at by my physician, he took a skin biopsy and it came back as pityriasis rosea and that it would last a few weeks. its been over 3 years now and when I came back to see him he took another biopsy and it came back as spongiotic dermatitis . he said it just somehow morphed into this which leads me to believe that he or the lab he sent it to didnt know what to call my condition. I ve tried everything from lotions to allergy pills. the only change I can recall is when I initially moved into my inlaws house 3 years ago. they have 6 dogs, but i have never been allergic to dogs. and if I were, I would imagine the allergy pills I took should have taken care of it. Im at the end of my rope with this rash and just want to figure out what it indefinitely is.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013