Rash on abdomen and inner folds of elbow post laparoscopic surgery, had worn unwashed clothes. Is it safe to use Permethrin cream?

I m 3 weeks post-op (Laparascopic surgery) and noted to have rash on my abdomen and inner fold of my elbow ...rash looks like a scabies , familiar with it bec already had it before...about 3-4 days ago i unpacked the boxes with some of our clothings in it came from a storage (stored for about a year)...wore a pants from the box without washing about 2 days ago. Is it ok to apply Permethrin Cream that was prescribed before to me when i had the same rash even if i just had a surgery 3 weeks ago? Also would like to know if the scabies can infect my wound?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012