Raised left testicle, swelling. Ultrasound of penis normal. Cause of worry?

I have noticed (for several months) that my left testicle has raised up...not to the base of my penis but higher than the other testicle. It is not painful but look strange and causes me concern. I had a ultrasound and the doctor didn t see anything wrong. I cannot stop worrying about this. What could cause this and what test may need to be done to insure there is no problem.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Dear moorelinda 41, This is perfectly normal and you can stop worrying about the situation. In majority of individuals one testicle is higher up compared to the other.
Thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi moore ! It is normal that left testes is smaller and hang high .just for safety purpose. Don't worry, but if their is swelling, pain, redness then it is a problem. Have a good time, be healthy .bye.