Purple spot on testicle. Have inguinal hernia. Has ultrasound missed something?

i have a greenish purple spot on my left testicle , i have recently had an ultrasound on my testicles and abdomin for an inguinal hernia i have, i was wondering what could cause me to have a dark spot on my left testicle? the ultrasound was a few days ago and the discoloration was the main reason i had my testicles ultrasound, is thier anything i could have that a ultrasound could miss? its painless and does not feel tender in any way.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012