Puss filled pimple in eye and lump between ear and cheek. Itchy and painful. Any home remedy?

I ve been feeling flu like for a couple of days and woke up yesterday with a red crusty, irritated, scratchy left eye that had a pus filled pimple inside the lower lid. I only gently pushed on it, because it itched, and it broke. I flushed my eye out with (boiled and cooled salted) water and today it is still red, swollen half shut, irritated and hurts. I now have a lump between my ear and cheek that really hurts. Could this be viral? I don t want to be put on antibiotics if its not bacterial. Is there anything I can do at home?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012