Pus taste in mouth, had similar symptoms post tonsil removal. Cause and cure?

I had my tonsils taken out in 2008 at the age of 25. After surgery, my mouth was very infected and full of pus . I remember the distinct smell/taste. Since 2 months after the operation, I have not had any issues concerningmy throat/tonsills. The last 3 weeks now I have ben tasting the same pus taste as I did back in 2008. It took me about a week to figure out what the taste was, but now I remember quite well. I do not have any pain anywhere, but the taste is always there no matter how much I brush my teeth . What is it and/or what should I be doing?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012