Pus Cells 5-6 babys stool ( 3.5 months old ), please suggest

hello , we got stool test done for our baby after his stool turned green . His pus cells was found to be 12-15 . After 5 days of medication - walamycin ( as per our doctor) , pus cells count was increased to 30 - 32 . Our doctor asked us to continue the medicine for another 4 days . Now his counts is 5-6 . IS this normal ? Our doctor has asked us to stop the medication and does not want us to take another stool test either
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jul 2011
green stool is very common in this age group when frequency is more.But dont worry continue normal feeding,its a common occurrence in children which needs no medication.
Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response
wellcome to health care magic,
The report is normal and no need for this on the basis of report.PUS cell in stool has no significance whatever the count.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Yes the report is normal.This much pus cells can be present normally or may be due to sample contamination.So inspite of report deciding any treatment,the response to treatment and complain of patient is important.If the child is fine ,you can discontinue further treatment and report also.
wishing you good helath.