Purple, swollen feet, skin peeling, body pain. History of pelvis fracture. Treatment?

My grandmother has very purple and swollen feet . Since she fractured her pelvis last year she does not move around alot but her feet have gotten worse over the last couple of days. She can not even get shoes on and now her skin is starting to peel off. I am trying to get her to go to the doctor but she says she does not feel good and aches all over so she just wants to lay in bed. Should I be taking her to the ER as I am worried about heart issues. Also her legs are swollen but not purple like her feet.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello brigitte,

Thanks for posting your query

Your grandmother had purple and swollen feet & it got worse over last couple of days.

It may be due to local or systemic cause like cardiovascular, renal, thyroid etc.

So you have to visit a doctor for exam. of swelling whether pitting or nonpitting & exam of other system & inv as riquired.