Puppy's teeth scratched the skin of wrist and arm. Tiny dots appeared and grew to inflamed lines. Applied neosporin. Is it an infection or an allergy?

my friend s puppy was playing with my hand and her teeth lightly scratched the skin of the top of my wrist and lower arm . One could see nothing until the next day when little lines with red dots appeared even though I d showered. The tiny dots grew and grew until the lines were 1/4 to 1/2 inch inflamed lines that within a week, had lesions. I had washed it often and applied neosporin , but nothing affected it. I eventually stopped as I realized it was probably not an infection but perhaps an allergic reaction. That was 2 mos ago and the skin turned pink, peeled, and has lightened and gotten browner in time. What was that?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012