Pulsating and bad pain in neck, sore neck, difficulty in breathing. What could be this?

hi, i went to bed last night and i woke up in the night with a pulsating and bad pain in the left side of my neck,i found it hard to breathe a little because when i did i also got pain in my left ribs...painkillers didnt work n when i went to lay back down it just felt worse...when i got out of bed this morning it was fine but neck was a little sore...nearly 4 hours later my neck has become hurting again even when i breathe in i get pains in my left side of my neck but no pulsating feeling...what could this be and is there anything i could do to ease this as it also hurts my neck when i cough or laugh or breathe in, thank you alana
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013