Puffy eyelid, swelling, redness, no discharge. Pain in corner of eye

i woke up 3 days ago and noticed my left upper eyelid was a little puffy. There is what looks to me like a burn maybe a scratch on my eyelid. Woke up the next day and was a little swelling and red(not the eye ball). Day 2 seemed to be more swelling but stayed the same in redness. Went to my girlfriends that night for a few hours and before i left she noticed it was a lot redder and the swelling seemed to be more than when i got there. Day 3 didn t seem to be any difference. If anything maybe a little bit more swollen. Tonight everything seems to be the same but since i ve been trying a cold press to get the swelling down all my does now is water. I have no pain except in the corner of my eye and that is only when i press there. No red eye , no itching, no discharge of any kind, no crust when i wake up. I have been looking up on line and everything pretty much points to pink eye or a stye. It can t be a stye. There is no bump what so ever. Just a swollen eyelid and tonight pain to the touch in the corner of the eye. Didn t notice the pain in the corner of my eye till i started doing the cold press
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It appears that you are suffering from stye with conjunctivitis in your left eye. You should give hot fomentation instead of cold press 3-4 times a day. Use anti-biotic drops 4-6 times a day and take some anti-inflammatory medicines orally. The condition should improve within 48 hours.

If the stye gets pointing, you may have to get an epilation done for the infected hair follicle in the eye lid.