Puffy and tired eyes, heartburn. Consumption of alcohol. Any advice?

I drank a good amount of alcohol yesterday, about 24 hours ago and towards the end of the night i started getting bags under my eyes and the right eye wanted to stay shut when blinking. I woke up this morning after only a few hours of sleep with the same problem and i also now have heartburn which i never get. Just wondering if this is normal after a day of heavy drinking or if i should seek medical attention. Thank you, chris
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Alcohol contains toxins that may lead to stress, fatigue, and hormonal changes

All of which may lead to fluid retention and swelling around the eyes.

As for as your Heart burn is concerned, it is due to Gastroesophageal reflex disease.
This can be treated with Proton pump inhibitors like Pantaprozole with antiemetics like domperidone.

Combination of both Proton pump inhibitors and Anti emetics are available in counter sale.

Please avoid consumption of heavy alcohol.
Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water.

Consult with Psychiatrist regarding alcohol deaddiction.
Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.