Private part itching, no burning urination. Could it be an allergic reaction to a detergent?

this is embarrassing but I am a 12 year old girl, and my private part is red, but it itches like crazy. It doesn t burn when pee, only when I wipe or my underwhere comes in contact with this reddish area then it hurts (I can kind of describe it, guess its like a burn) I have had NO sexual contact with anyone, nothing seems swollen. Could it be an allergic reaction to a detergent? This red area is not in my pubic hair . I have started my period once, but it s been months since I had it (it s sad that I havn t kept a pad on when I am supposed to have my period, so I don t know when I had it last but my doctor said I sould be fine.) I have not noticed much discharge (however sometimes when I walk I feel like I m peeing, not to sound weird but it feels kind of....wet.) Never shaved or anything and when I recently went to the doctor because of a bloating feeling in my tummy (the doctor said it could be my period) and she found alittle bit of blood in it, but not enough to notice by the naked eye. She sent it to the lab but we got no reply. I told my mom and she says she will make an appointment with the doctor but I just want to be prepared because it won t be until a few days before I go. HELP!!!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hiii KahlanWill

I am an eye specialist and dont know how u r problem came in the eye section but here are my 2 cents.

It looks mostly like you have some sort of fungal infection. Which area of the world are you from. This type of thing is pretty common in hot and moist area of the world.

All that should be needed to be done is better hygiene and some topical anti fungal creams. Most of the creams are available over the counter without a prescription and are pretty safe to use. Keep the area clean and dry. Use the cream for 3 times per day. U should get relief in about 2 days.

Hope this helps and u get better soon.