Prescribed medicines for UTI. Having many side effects. BP increased after changing the tablet. Suggestions?

I wadiagnosed with high BP .s recently ( mid Nov 2012)185/110. I am living in Belize where med care is scary and negligent. I was also told I had a UTI form a urineculture reading andplaced on Bactiver plus metaproplol 100 mg 2x and lisinopril 20mg 2x daily. BP readings every 3-4 days went from 180-165 /111-88 I started having side effects from lisinopril ? joint aches, dry cough, hair loss , extrememe exhaustion so DR swiched me to Krandil 5mg 1x day I have been on Korandil with Metaprolol for 5 days and am starting to have new side effects- insomnia , acheing joints and leg weakness. plusodd numbness in thighs/arms I felt fine pre meds and high BP readings. I have always had lower readings 120/70-80. After a oneweek stopping lisinopril and before adding Korandil my BP was 172/100.- one full week of metaprolol as only med I am 66 and have no other known health issues. I have Medicare in US but will not be able to get back for 2-3 months. Are these meds safe, is there a safer , less side effect causing med regimen? Should there be other monitoring/tsts beside BP reading? Drs here keep no med records, Iam not sure Dr even knows my name.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013