Prescribed Valance for stress. Have headache, menstrual pain. Does valance cure migraine?

Greetings... I am 22 year old female who advised to take valance OD 500 by a neurologist due to the stress that occurred to me during my studies. I am staying in a hostel where sometimes I am not able to have proper food. I am also suffering from severe headache due to migraine and taking separate Ayurvedic treatment with regard. I am still continuing with the medicine (valance) from 4 years but have no surety on when to stop the course of the treatment. Since I was also suffering from severe menopausal pain, I sometimes could not continue taking the medicine everyday as it pains me more either causing gastric pain or food problem which sometimes doesn t suit me causing diarrhea . I would like to know whether I have to still continue taking valance and whats the duration of the course once its started.Is the medicine a cure for the migraine too or do I have to continue with the treatment I am doing with ?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012