Prescribed Trimethoprim for cellulitis. How to clear the discoloration?

I had cellulitis in the leg in September 2011. My Dr prescribed trimethoprim- sulfamethoxazole to take & Mupirocin Ointment 2%. Fortunately I haven t had a recurrence, but it left some discolorations on my leg. I was wondering what could I use to clear up the discoloration? Or, will it remain? I was told I could use hydroquinone 4%, tretinoin 0.05% & triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1%, mix them together and that would clear up the discoloration. Is that correct? If so, how long does it take the discoloration to clear up?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013