Prescribed Medroxyprogesterone to be taken 2 days prior to period. Will the period stop or lighten?

I was given a prescription of Medroxyprogesterone and told to take it 2 days prior to my period which I thought I did; however, my cycles are not always regular. I took my first dosage today and I started my period. If I continue to take the medicine, will my period stop or will it lighten? I am leaving tomorrow for my honeymoon., please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Once your period has started, Medroxyprogesterone is unlikely to stop it or lighten it.
You now have no option but to bear with the menstrual flow.
You could have started the tablets 5 or 7 days earlier to be on the safer side.