Prescribed Dafflon for varicose veins. Have Thalassemia. Does the iron based coating on tablet create blood count problems?

My wife has been recomended to take Daflon 500mg to treat her vericose veins problem. However we note that Daflon tablets contain a delay coating made from red iron oxide and yellow iron oxide. Since she has is a mild Thalasemia she is afriad to take these tablets as she feel the iron based coating could create blood count levels problems amongst other. What is your opinion please.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012