Presbypia with reduced near vision. Ignore glasses? If not, buy reading glasses or progressive lenses?

Dear doctor, I m 45 yr old male with my FIRST eye glass prescription. OD= SPH: PL, CYL: -0.25 X 90, VA:6/6. OS= SPH: PL, CYL: -0.25 X 150. VA:6/6. ADD POWER +1.50. My optometrist says I have PRESBYPIA with reduced near vision . Far vision is OK. I have 2 questions: 1. Is my CYL error large enough to be corrected or I ignore and live with it? 2. Which glass is preferable: Only reading glasses for near vision or bifocals/prog lenses is better.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013