Pregnant, yellow vaginal discharge, bacteria in sample gave vagi hex pills. Disappeared using yogurt, instead of pills. Complications?

Hello. I am 18 weeks pregnant and during the past few weeks I had some yellow vaginal discharge without itching. I told my doctor here in Switzerland about a week ago when I went for my routine visit. He took a sample and saw some bacteria. he told me to take vagi hex (vaginal pills) one every night for six times. i haven't taken them yet because I was afraid I would harm the baby. instead I have been eating bifidus-acidophilus yoghurt. The yellow discharge has almost disappeared. however, I am still worried and have been thinking whether I shoul actually take the pills because I have read that bacterial vaginosis can cause lots of complications. What hould I do? Is this medicine safe?
Thank you in advance,
Mary Anne
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013