Pregnant with stabbing pain in lower back and pelvic area. Shortness of breath Is it labor pain?

Hello. I am going on my 3rd child I m 37weeks pregnant 3cm and 75% effaced and I been extreme discomfort and horrible pains in my lower back hips buttocks and even sharp pain in my pelvic area. I not sure if I m in labor or not I just lots pains and discomfort I can feel the contractions and I m always short of breathe. What does this mean? Should I be worried? Do I need to go to the hospital?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Mar 2013
At 37 weeks and with 3 cm dilatation and 75 % effacement, you should not be taking these pains lightly.
Specially, if you have had 2 children before born vaginally, it is likely that the third time, labour might be speeded up.
Labour pains start from the lower abdomen, but radiate to the back and hips also.
Associated with that, you might perceive intermittent hardening of the uterus.
Also, slight vaginal discharge is common.
Please visit the hospital for check up