Pregnant with legs feeling hot at night. What is the reason?

Hi Mia, I am about 5weeks pregnant and my legs feel very hot at night. I have to take my legs out of the duvet to reduce the tempreture. I don t have any fever and the tempreture in the other parts of my body is normal. Please what is the reason for this and what can I do? Salome. My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

With pregnancy, there is certainly a change in hormone levels in your system that could result in some dilation of peripheral blood vessels that could lead to the symptoms that you are describing. It certainly does not sound like anything concerning nor does it sound like a sign of infection. The best you can do is watch for worsening and if so, report it to your doctor.

I hope that this helps. Good luck and thank you for visiting.