Pregnant with bleeding and vomiting. Taking Progestrone, has Bicornuate uterus. Cause for bleeding?

Hi sir, my wife is 16 weeks pregnant and suffering from bleeding and vomiting from 7th weeks. I have consulted doctor and they advised to take 400mg progesterone soft gelatin per day and weekly progesterone injection and after taking these from 7th weeks still she is bleeding. every time Ultrasound shows baby normal. She has bicornuate uterus . Please tell me how many weeks progesterone may be taken to avoid any further its side effects. Why bleeding continues?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013