Pregnant with KTS, please help

My daughter-in-law is pregnant andhas KTS. The doctors she is going to currently don t seem to know what to do for her. How can we find a doctor who can help not only with the KTS but deliver a baby as safely as possible? Thanks so much! Pat Abbott
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
HELLO PAT,
WELCOME TO HEALTHCARE MAGIC
Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome and pregnancy IS VERY RARE. HOW EVER THERE IS A PAPER OF A 32 YEAR OLD WHO DELIVERED A HEALTHY FEMALE CHILD. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO HAVE A REGULAR ANTENATAL CHECK UP WITH REGULAR ULTRASOUNDS TO RULE OUT ANY ANGIODYSPLATIC MALFORMATIONS IN THE FOETUS. HOW EVER HAVING SUCH CHANGES IS LOW. THE DOCTOR NEED TO MONITOR HER COAGULATION PROFILE TOWARDS DELIVERY. MAY BE CONSULT A GOOD OBSTRETICIAN WOULD HELP. WITH EXPERT ADVISE A MR SCAN MAY BE DONE TOWARDS DELIVERY TO RULE OUT ANGIODYSPLASTIC VASCULAR STRUCTURES CLOSE TO THE SPINAL CORD OR PELVIS WHICH CAN COMPLICATE LABOUR. TAKE HER TO A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL WITH GOOD OBSTRETIC CARE AND NEONATAL CARE FACILITIES