Pregnant suffer from UTI and enterococcus faecalis. Persisting infection despite taking medication. Is macrobid a safe medication?

Hi.i am 31 weeks pregnant and I have UTI enterococcus faecalis since 20 weeks of my pregnancy.there are no symptoms of my UTI, and I took keflax for a week and then V-pen for another week.none of them helped. I took test again and I still have this infection. Not sure if I have to take any antibiotic ?my urologist gave me augmentin , and my obgyn gave me macrobid . I read horror storie about macrobid,not sure what to take? Or may be I do not take anything and then have antibiotic IV during delivery? Plz help. Thanks a lot
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013