Pregnant, increased fetal movements, light contraction, no loss of mucus plug, vaginal swelling. Normal symptoms?

I am 38 weeks and 5 days and my fetal movemants have increased a ton over the past 2 weeks so much so that it hurts me alot. Very light contractions and no loss of mucus plug yet. What can it mean and should i be concerned about my baby? Also this morning my vagina came increasingly swallon and has not gone down is this also normal. Should I be seeing a doctor in labour and delivery?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
In third trimester baby gains maximum weight & if a mature fetus is moving inside it can cause pain by pressing surrounding viscera.
Light contractions in pregnancy are normal known as Braxton Hics contractions & when there are converted to painful contractions, then patient is said to be in labour.
But your swollen vagina is a matter of worry.
For that consult your gynaecologist as soon as possible & get your blood pressure checked & urine albumin test done.