Pregnant, in first trimester, have low blood protein levels. How can this be rectified through diet?

Hi The fetal assessment clinic have confirmed that i have low blood protein at 13 weeks of pregnancy. What can i do to rectify this? can this be dont through diet? ... Secondly, in light of this am i able to fast since it is that time of the year when we religiously fast the entire month. Will this affect my low protein levels? I am in my second trimester. I look forward to your response. Thank you Doctor
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Low protein levels can be corrected through diet to a certain extent but since your requirements are usually high being in the second trimester, they need additional supplementation. I think it is permitted for pregnant women not to fast during the religious month. In your condition fasting is not advisable as it is definitely going to affect your serum protein levels. Kindly take advice from your doctor before you proceed further. Wish you good health.