Pregnant, having severe coughing spells, vomiting. Tried robitussin-dx, mucinex. Will cefdinir help?

i have been having severe coughing spells followed by vomiting for two days. Prior to that, I had a mild cough. My two-year old had the same thing, but hers lasted only a few days and she is much better already. I am 23 weeks pregnant. Robitussin DX and Mucinex don t seem to help much. My doc. prescribed Cefdinir and told me to use it if things didn t get better in a couple of days (which is now). I don t want to take it unnecessarily, but I am miserable.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013