Pregnant, have lower back and pelvic pressure, diagnosed with thin cervix. Is it alarming?

Hi, I am 24 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing a lot of lower back pressure and pelvic pressure. I went to the emergency and was told that is wasn t contractions and that is was normal, but I was also told that my cervix was thin, but I shouldn t worry that it could be because I have kids already and that s why it s thin. So my question is should I be worried about my cervix being thin and should I seek medical attention from somewhere else?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012