Pregnant, have lots of braxton hicks and contractions, loose stools with reddish tinge. Is it concerning?

Hello, I am 24 years old and 38 weeks pregnant with my first child. Recently I have been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions , they are hard to time and count because sometimes one contraction can last an hour or more. I try to drink lots of water and go the bathroom frequently but the only thing that seems to get the contractions to stop is to lay down. I have also started having loose stools that are sort of reddish brown in color, I am going more frequently as well. I was recently in to see a doctor and my cervix is only about 1-2 cm dilated and about 70% effaced and the baby s head has descended down quite a ways. Are the contractions and the stools something I should be concerned about or are they just a sign that I am getting close to labor
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012