Pregnant, had bleeding at night and stopped then, ultrasound shows closed cervix. Any harm to baby due to bleeding ?

am 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Wednesday I woke up at 2 am bleeding and I passed a 2 inch long blood clot. I called my ob and he had me come into the office at 8 am. THey did a ultrasound and showed a closed cervix and a baby with a heartrate of 188. He assured me that these things happen but the baby looked fine. So I had no bleeding the rest of the day and most of today but then I went to the bathroom and had some brown blood mixed with mucus and a blood clot the size of a grape. this one was darker instead of the bright red of the last one. I feel like my ob is not taking this seriously. I had taken the blood clot in for the lab to examine and he took it and threw it out because he said its just blood. Im just wondering if he could know this for sure without actually examining it. He never even took it out the baggie it was in. I didnt even go in a room. I was in a room for the ultrasound and then sent to the waiting room and he came and talked to me in the hallway. I asked if I should rest and he said it would make no difference. If I am going to miscarry rest wont change it. I am just so worried and Im wondering if I should go to er or get anew doctor or if there are any reasons for bleeding where the baby ends up ok. Any insight would be appreciated
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Thanks for your query. My dear please dont be too anxious, some times THREATENED ABORTIONS do happen, but the pregnancies continue normally. So dont worry for the moment, but I suggest you take some bed rest, and progesterone support. You can repeat a ANEUPLOIDY SCAN at 13.5 weeks(should be done within 14wks), and if everything is normal , if no RETROCHORIONIC collection just be relaxed and enjoy your pregnancy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif