Pregnant got ultrasound done, head of baby looks pointed. Is it possible to detect this early?

Hello. I recently had my first pregnancy ultrasound at 9 weeks. Though I was told that everything looks normal, the head is very obviously pointed at the top (like a pointed fruit). My doctor didn t say anything about it. Is it possible to detect the lemon sign , strawberry skull , or a similar defect this early? I m going for a nuchal translucency soon, but I m looking for advice before then. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
The abnormalities of the skull that you have mentioned are not likely to be detected before 16 weeks of pregnancy. Right now it is too early to judge anything. You need a more detailed scan at 16 weeks for proper correlation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Rakhi Tayal