Pregnant getting bad pain on the left side. Anything to be worried?

I'm 9 months pregnant and whilst out shopping today I suddenly got a sharp pain in my left hand side. It felt like a really bad stitch. I then got another one a couple of hours later which made me have to walk really slow. When I sit down it eases off but still there, then disappears after a while. Is there anything to worry about?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
The sudden sharp pain that you had is likely to be related to a sudden muscle spasm. This is not going to affect your baby. Taking a rest and hot fomentation will help in decreasing the symptoms.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal