Pregnant, done PV, recommended another, baby in head down position. Does PV cause vaginal infection and will it affect the baby?

i am 39 weeks pregnant lady. i was subjected to the PV test last week. my VOG forced me to do another PV this week too. currently my baby is in a head down position and my health is normal. my doctor said that i can have a normal delivery. ihave heared that vaginal infection can be caused due to the PV test and it can be affected to the baby too. please clarify? is ti mandatory to do a PV before the delivery once a week?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012