Pregnant, cough with phelgm, coughs hard. Any problem if i cough hard?

Hello, I am 6 week pregnant. I have cough with phelgm . It used to come every 1 or 1/2 hour but I used to cough hard . Could you please let me know will coughing cause any problem pregnancy . I heard that there could be problem in cervix if you cough hard.Since no medicine is good to take during pregnancy I am not having.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

At your stage of pregnancy, it is normally advised that no unnecessary medications be used also it is absolutely needed.

The most common cause of acute onset of cough is a viral illness. This would resolve with symptomatic treatment such as fluids, rest.
Normally these illnesses resolve after 7 to 14 days.
If the cough is severe ,then you visit your doctor for assessment to rule out any bacterial aspect.

The cold should not harm the baby or cause any problems in the pregnancy.

I hope this helps