Pregnant, bleeding. Taking HCG injections. Ultrasound showed no fetal heart beat. Reasons?

Hi, I was on 12th week of my preganancy and found clotting. We went to the doctor and she asked for a USG Scan to be taken. After the USG Scan we found that the gestation period shows 8 Weeks 6 days and also the report tells that Fetal pole not visualized . Then our Doctor suggested for abortion and i had it. I used to have HCG injections from my 8 week of my pregnancy too but we had no luck. Wanted to know the reason why it was happened. Can you tell me why it was happen
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012