Pregnant, baby is too small, do not feel hungry. How can I increase baby's weight?

I am now 5 months pregnant and this is my first time. my doctor told me that my baby is too small. My belly also can hardly tell that i am pregnant. She told me that i do not eat well , so that the baby is very small . i do eat but not alot , i do not feel hungry most of the time and if i do . i feel satisfied with a little portion. How can i increase his weight quickly and eat alot?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
thanks for your query.
You should be eating healthy nutritious food.
Do not eat all at once at a time, but take small frequent meals.
Concentrate of high protein foods like lean cuts of meat, chicken, poultry, fish , nuts, legumes.
Also, consume a lot of dairy products.
You cannot take appetizers in pregnancy - you have to condition yourself to eat sensibly and proper amounts.
COnsult a dietician if required.
your obstetrician can prescribe vitamins , supplements, protein powders etc, to add to your diet.
Please be reassured, and post the ultrasound findings to check if the baby 's growth is indeed being compromised.
Sometimes, petite or small built women do have constitutionally small babies, in which case there is nothing to worry about.
take care.