Pregnant. Ultrasound shows gross fetal anomaly. What can I do?

hi doc, im facing a big problem for my an birth bb i am 28 weeks pregnant. very shocking to me when my ob-gyne told my that my bb base on the ultrasound my having gross fetal anomaly my doctor told me both no legs and no arms. now what can i do to my bb is there any possibility since i still have 2 months to go before giving birth to develop the legs and arms of my bb im crying out loud since this am when i know about it. please help me. i do not have money to pay i am a poor single filipina mom
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I am so sorry about this news. This is a serious problem and you need someone to explain these results to you better! By 28 weeks, the limbs should be completely developed. In answer to your question, no the baby will not be able to develop the arms and legs. The findings that they described to you can be incredibly varied, so before assuming the worst, it sounds like you need to ask for a visit with someone who can explain these results to you better. Also, you need to ask if there were any other findings of concern. Again, I am so sorry about this news.