Pregnant, TSH high. Lab reports, ultrasounds normal. Previous thyroidectomy, partial neck dissection. On synthroid. Recommendations?

I am s/p thyroidectomy and partial neck dissection secondary to a small (
Currently, I am 21 weeks pregnant. Since finding that I am pregnant, I have been religious about checking my TSH, doing so every 4 weeks (twice as often as is recommended by my doctors - primary medical and endocrinologist).

My endocrinologist has given my primary doctor parameters to go by for synthroid dose adjustments as needed, however my dose has never been changed, even though it has been "creeping" up. To which I have never been given lab values, until today.

Currently my TSH is 5.95, Free T4 is 0.8. At hearing the values, I was appalled. I am a RN and I know this is well too high given my medical history and that I am pregnant. I insisted my primary contact my endocrinologist about my values. To which he replied: "TSH is much too high---current records indicate she is on Synthroid 0.125 mg daily--if this is the case I would increase it to 0.137 mg daily and recheck a tsh in 6 wks or so with goal tsh of around 0.5-1.0 at the most. Should also check a thyroglobulin tumor marker to make sure the cancer is in check."

My question is how serious is this - for me and my baby?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013