Pregnant. Side effects of HUCOG injections on baby?

I am from India and this question is for my pregnant wife. She is working and her day is quite exhaustive in terms of travelling since office is far from our home and need to travel by bus. She is 18 weeks pregnant and till date doctor has given her 14 injections of HUCOG and advised to take 2 more. So, my question here is - does this injection have side effects on my wife and baby? I am really concerned about it. When my wife asked this question to our doctor, she said you ll have to take these injections for 5 months of your pregnany. So, could you please advise me on this? Thanks,
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Injection Hucog contyains a natural hormone which is normally present in our body during pregnancy. The supplementation of thios hormone from outside will not affect the baby at all. Usually these injections are not required after 14 weeks of pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal