Pregnant. Lower back pain, abdominal pain. Irregular Braxton Hicks. Is this prelabor?

I am 26 and pregnant with my second child, I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and have had lower back pain since last night at 7PM. It has been constant but the severity changes, I also have sharp pains in my lower abdomen and am very uncomfortable, The back pain and abdomen pain is strong enought at times I need to breathe through it. However there is no pattern to it and my Braxton Hicks are irregular. At my appointment last Tuesday I was 2cm dilated. Is this prelabor? As long as contractions are irregular I am ok right?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012