Pregnant. Itchy hives all over body. Taking benadryl. Started feeling sleepy. Looking for advice

i m 28 years old and 13 weeks pregnant with my first child and i itch constantly. At first it started out with things that looked like hives ...but those stopped after 2 weeks and now i m just itchy. Its worse on my arms but is everywhere head to toe. My arms are scabbed up from scratching so much but nothing seems to help it. The doctor gave me benadryl which just makes me sleepy but doesnt really stop the itch. He asked me if anyone in my home had scabies , but the other people dont have it and he said the younger ones in the house would probably get it first. My husband doesnt itch and he thinks i m crazy for scratching all of the time...i m starting to feel crazy for itching
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012