Pregnant. Having cold, blocked nose, ear sensitivity. Treatment?

Hello please help me, im 15 weeks pregnant and have had a rotten cold for the past 3 weeks, even though the cold symptoms are slowly going my nose still feels blocked up and i can blow it all day without it feeling clear again. I woke up this morning and both my ears are very sensitive to sound everyday noises seem extremely loud and echo in my ear, it is making me feel awful. I saw my gp a few weeks ago but he only gave me advice and no treatment because of the pregnancy. Help!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Better to take steam inhalation with a vapouriser , three times a day and betadine gargle twice daily...