Pregnant. Have retching, coughing, burning throat due to cleaning agent, headache. Probability of negative effect on baby?

I stupidly put bleach and harpic power cleaner down the toilet and scrubbed and ended up retching and coughing with a burning throat . I am 16 weeks pregnant and have started with a headache . As soon as I realised it wasn t right, I opened the bathroom window and came out of the room but now I m really worried I ve harmed my baby. Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
It might had been due to allergic reaction. If the symptoms (retching and cough with burning throat) are persisting , you need to receive anti-allergic medication(steroid, avil injections) to stop the acute response. Since 16 weeks is a crucial period for fetal development, you should undergo ultrasonogram at 20 weeks to rule out anomolies. In future avoid carrying out these activities. during pregnancy period.