Pregnant. Done ultrasound. Spotting, abdominal pain. Prescribed Fertigyn. Normal?

hello, i m five weeks pregnant and have undergone ultrasound(TVS) three times in last three consecutive weeks. embryo was 3mm on 26 dec 12 as told by the doc. and today(12 jan 13 ) it was 11.2 mm, gestational sac was visible but no embryo features were distinct according to the doc. i also had little spotting on 11 and 12 jan 13 with severe lower abdominal pain . doc prescribed fertigyn 5000 injection. please advice me accordindly and tell me that whether this is normal or not?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013